Terms of Service
effective as of the 1st of July 2020 (version v1.1.0)
XIPPIOS UG (haftungsbeschränkt) ("Us", "We", or "Our") operates the Website "www.agrinode.com", the Web-Application "app.agrinode.com" and the Application Programming Interface "api.agrinode.com" (hereinafter referred to as the "Service").
- Application means the software program provided by Us and downloaded and/or installed by You on any electronic device.
- Application Programming Interface refers to Our central interface provided under "api.agrinode.com" which handles all data requests and responses for the Application, the Web-Application and the Website.
- Application Store means the digital distribution service operated and developed by Apple, Inc. (Apple App Store) or Google, Inc. (Google Play Store) in which the Application may have been downloaded.
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where "control" means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, equity interest or other securities entitled to vote for election of directors or other managing authority.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access Our Service or parts of Our Service.
- Content refers to content such as text, images, or other information that can be posted, uploaded, linked to or otherwise made available by You, regardless of the form of that content.
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a digital tablet or a cellphone/smartphone.
- Feedback means feedback, innovations or suggestions sent by You regarding the attributes, performance or features of Our Service.
- Free Trial refers to a limited period of time that may be free when purchasing a Subscription.
- In-App Purchase refers to the purchase of a product, item, service or Subscription made through the Application and subject to these Terms of Service and/or the Application Store's own terms and conditions.
- Service refers to and includes the Application, the Application Programming Interface, the Web-Application and the Website.
- Subscriptions refer to the services or access to the Service offered on a subscription basis by Us to You.
- Terms of Service mean these Terms of Service that form the agreement between You and Us regarding the use of the Service.
- Third-party Social Media Service means any services or content (including data, information, products or services) provided by a third-party that may be displayed, included or made available by the Service.
- We, Us or Our refers to XIPPIOS UG (haftungsbeschränkt), Ditmar-Koel-Straße 12, 20459 Hamburg.
- Website refers to Our internet presence provided under "www.agrinode.com".
- Web-Application refers to the browser-based and platform independent application provided by Us under "app.agrinode.com".
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
These are the Terms of Service governing the use of this Service and the agreement that operates between You and Us. These Terms of Service set out the rights and obligations of all users regarding the use of the Service.
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on Your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms of Service. These Terms of Service apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service You agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If You disagree with any part of these Terms of Service then You may not access the Service.
You represent that You are over the age of 18. We do not permit those under 18 to use the Service.
The Service or some parts of the Service are available only with a paid Subscription. You will be billed in advance on a recurring and periodic basis (such as daily, weekly, monthly or annually), depending on the type of Subscription plan You select when purchasing the Subscription.
At the end of each period, Your Subscription will automatically renew under the exact same conditions unless You cancel it or We cancel it.
You may cancel Your Subscription renewal either through Your Account settings page or by contacting Us. You will not receive a refund for the fees You already paid for Your current Subscription period and You will be able to access the Service until the end of Your current Subscription period.
If the Subscription has been made through an In-App Purchase, You can cancel the renewal of Your Subscription with the Application Store.
You shall provide Us with accurate and complete billing information including full name, address, state, zip code, telephone number, and a valid payment method information.
Should automatic billing fail to occur for any reason, We will issue an electronic invoice indicating that You must proceed manually, within a certain deadline date, with the full payment corresponding to the billing period as indicated on the invoice.
If the Subscription has been made through an In-App Purchase, all billing is handled by the Application Store and is governed by the Application Store's own terms and conditions.
At Our sole discretion and at any time, may We modify the Subscription fees. Any Subscription fee change will become effective at the end of the then-current Subscription period.
We will provide You with reasonable prior notice of any change in Subscription fees to give You an opportunity to terminate Your Subscription before such change becomes effective.
Your continued use of the Service after the Subscription fee change comes into effect constitutes Your agreement to pay the modified Subscription fee amount.
Except when required by law, paid Subscription fees are non-refundable.
We may consider certain refund requests for Subscriptions on a case-by-case basis, which may be granted at Our sole discretion.
If the Subscription has been made through an In-App purchase, the Application Store's refund policy will apply. If You wish to request a refund, You may do so by contacting the Application Store directly.
We may, at Our sole discretion, offer a Subscription with a Free Trial for a limited period of time.
You may be required to enter Your billing information in order to sign up for the Free Trial.
If You do enter Your billing information when signing up for a Free Trial, You will not be charged by Us until the Free Trial has expired. On the last day of the Free Trial period, unless You cancelled Your Subscription, You will be automatically charged the applicable Subscription fees for the type of Subscription You have selected.
At any time and without notice, We reserves the right to
- modify the Terms of Service of the Free Trial offer, or
- cancel such Free Trial offer.
The Application may include In-App Purchases that allow You to buy products, services or Subscriptions.
More information about how You may be able to manage In-App Purchases using your Device may be set out in the Application Store's own terms and conditions or in your Device's Help settings.
In-App Purchases can only be consumed within the Application. If You make a In-App Purchase, that In-App Purchase cannot be cancelled after You have initiated its download. In-App Purchases cannot be redeemed for cash or other consideration or otherwise transferred.
If any In-App Purchase is not successfully downloaded or does not work once it has been successfully downloaded, We will, after becoming aware of the fault or being notified to the fault by You, investigate the reason for the fault. We will act reasonably in deciding whether to provide You with a replacement In-App Purchase or issue You with a patch to repair the fault. In no event will We charge You to replace or repair the In-App Purchase. In the unlikely event that We are unable to replace or repair the relevant In-App Purchase or are unable to do so within a reasonable period of time and without significant inconvenience to You, We will authorize the Application Store to refund You an amount up to the cost of the relevant In-App Purchase. Alternatively, if You wish to request a refund, You may do so by contacting the Application Store directly.
You acknowledge and agree that all billing and transaction processes are handled by the Application Store from where You downloaded the Application and are governed by that Application Store's own terms and conditions.
If You have any payment related issues with In-App Purchases, then You need to contact the Application Store directly.
When You create an account with Us, You must provide Us information that is accurate, complete, and current at all times. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of these Terms of Service, which may result in immediate termination of Your account on Our Service.
You are responsible for safeguarding the password that You use to access the Service and for any activities or actions under Your password, whether Your password is with Our Service or a Third-Party Social Media Service.
You agree not to disclose Your password to any third-party. You must notify Us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of Your account.
You may not use as a username the name of another person or entity or that is not lawfully available for use, a name or trademark that is subject to any rights of another person or entity other than You without appropriate authorization, or a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene.
Your Right to Post Content
Our Service allows You to post Content. You are responsible for the Content that You post to the Service, including its legality, reliability, and appropriateness.
By posting Content to the Service, You grant Us the right and license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content on and through the Service. You retain any and all of Your rights to any Content You submit, post or display on or through the Service and You are responsible for protecting those rights. You agree that this license includes the right for Us to make Your Content available to other users of the Service, who may also use Your Content subject to these Terms of Service.
You represent and warrant that:
- the Content is Yours (You own it) or You have the right to use it and grant Us the rights and license as provided in these Terms of Service, and
- the posting of Your Content on or through the Service does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person.
We are not responsible for the content of the Service's users. You expressly understand and agree that You are solely responsible for the Content and for all activity that occurs under your account, whether done so by You or any third person using Your account.
You may not transmit any Content that is unlawful, offensive, upsetting, intended to disgust, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable. Examples of such objectionable Content include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Unlawful or promoting unlawful activity.
- Defamatory, discriminatory, or mean-spirited content, including references or commentary about religion, race, sexual orientation, gender, national/ethnic origin, or other targeted groups.
- Spam, machine – or randomly – generated, constituting unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling.
- Containing or installing any viruses, worms, malware, trojan horses, or other content that is designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of a third person.
- Infringing on any proprietary rights of any party, including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other rights.
- Impersonating any person or entity, including Us and any of Our employees or representatives.
- Violating the privacy of any third person.
- False information and features.
We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to, in its sole discretion, determine whether or not any Content is appropriate and complies with these Terms of Service, refuse or remove this Content. We further reserves the right to make formatting and edits and change the manner any Content. We can also limit or revoke the use of the Service if You post such objectionable Content. As We cannot control all content posted by users and/or third-parties on the Service, You agree to use the Service at your own risk. You understand that by using the Service You may be exposed to content that You may find offensive, indecent, incorrect or objectionable, and You agree that under no circumstances We will be liable in any way for any content, including any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any content.
Although regular backups of Content are performed, We do not guarantee there will be no loss or corruption of data.
Corrupt or invalid backup points may be caused by, without limitation, Content that is corrupted prior to being backed up or that changes during the time a backup is performed.
We will provide support and attempt to troubleshoot any known or discovered issues that may affect the backups of Content. But You acknowledge that We have no liability related to the integrity of Content or the failure to successfully restore Content to a usable state.
You agree to maintain a complete and accurate copy of any Content in a location independent of the Service.
Intellectual Property Infringement
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. It is Our policy to respond to any claim that Content posted on the Service infringes a copyright or other intellectual property infringement of any person.
If You are a copyright owner, or authorized on behalf of one, and You believe that the copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement that is taking place through the Service, You must submit Your notice in writing to the attention of Our copyright agent via email at email@example.com and include in Your notice a detailed description of the alleged infringement.
You may be held accountable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) for misrepresenting that any Content is infringing Your copyright.
The Service and its original content (excluding Content provided by You or other users), features and functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of Us and its licensors.
The Service is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of Germany, the European Union (EU) and foreign countries.
Our trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service without Our the prior written consent.
Your Feedback to Us
You assign all rights, title and interest in any Feedback You provide Us with. If for any reason such assignment is ineffective, You agree to grant Us a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, worldwide right and license to use, reproduce, disclose, sub-license, distribute, modify and exploit such Feedback without restriction.
Links to Other Websites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Us.
We have no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that We shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We strongly advise You to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that You visit.
We may terminate or suspend Your Account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if You breach these Terms of Service.
Upon termination, Your right to use the Service will cease immediately. If You wish to terminate Your Account, You may simply discontinue using the Service.
Limitation of Liability
Notwithstanding any damages that You might incur, Our entire liability and any of Our suppliers under any provision of these Terms of Service and Your exclusive remedy for all of the foregoing shall be limited to the amount actually paid by You through the Service or 100 USD if You haven't purchased anything through the Service.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, in no event shall We or any of Our suppliers be liable for any special, incidental, indirect, or consequential damages whatsoever (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, loss of data or other information, for business interruption, for personal injury, loss of privacy arising out of or in any way related to the use of or inability to use the Service, third-party software and/or third-party hardware used with the Service, or otherwise in connection with any provision of these Terms of Service), even if We or any of Our suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages and even if the remedy fails of its essential purpose.
Some states do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, which means that some of the above limitations may not apply. In these states, each party's liability will be limited to the greatest extent permitted by law.
"AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" Disclaimer
The Service is provided to You "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" and with all faults and defects without warranty of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, We, on Our own behalf and on behalf of Our Affiliates and Our and their respective licensors and service providers, expressly disclaims all warranties, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, with respect to the Service, including all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement, and warranties that may arise out of course of dealing, course of performance, usage or trade practice. Without limitation to the foregoing, We provide no warranty or undertaking, and makes no representation of any kind that the Service will meet Your requirements, achieve any intended results, be compatible or work with any other software, applications, systems or services, operate without interruption, meet any performance or reliability standards or be error free or that any errors or defects can or will be corrected.
Without limiting the foregoing, neither We nor any of Our providers makes any representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied:
- as to the operation or availability of the Service, or the information, content, and materials or products included thereon;
- that the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free;
- as to the accuracy, reliability, or currency of any information or content provided through the Service; or
- that the Service, its servers, the content, or e-mails sent from or on behalf of Us are free of viruses, scripts, trojan horses, worms, malware, timebombs or other harmful components.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain types of warranties or limitations on applicable statutory rights of a consumer, so some or all of the above exclusions and limitations may not apply to You. But in such a case the exclusions and limitations set forth in this section shall be applied to the greatest extent enforceable under applicable law.
The laws of Germany, excluding its conflicts of law rules, shall govern these Terms of Service and Your use of the Service. Your use of the Service may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws.
If You have any concern or dispute about the Service, You agree to first try to resolve the dispute informally by contacting Us.
For European Union (EU) Users
If You are a European Union consumer, You will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which You are resident in.
United States Federal Government End Use Provisions
If You are a U.S. federal government end user, Our Service is a "Commercial Item" as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. §2.101.
Severability and Waiver
If any provision of these Terms of Service is held to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision will be changed and interpreted to accomplish the objectives of such provision to the greatest extent possible under applicable law and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
Except as provided herein, the failure to exercise a right or to require performance of an obligation under these Terms of Service shall not effect a party's ability to exercise such right or require such performance at any time thereafter nor shall be the waiver of a breach constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach.
These Terms of Service may have been translated if We have made them available to You on Our Service. You agree that the original English text shall prevail in the case of a dispute.
Changes to These Terms of Service
We reserve the right, at Our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms of Service at any time. If a revision is material We will make reasonable efforts to provide at least 30 days' notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at Our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use Our Service after those revisions become effective, You agree to be bound by the revised terms. If You do not agree to the new terms, in whole or in part, please stop using the website and the Service.
If You have any questions about these Terms of Service, please contact Us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.